There are numerous options for staying in Sleat and South Skye. Sleat is a real gem, also known as the garden of Skye due to its rich flora. It is also much less crowded than other parts of Skye. Apart from sea kayaking, there are plenty of other things to do and see in this part of the island. Why not stay close by to make the most of your days around your kayaking trip.
Hotels in Sleat
Most hotels in Sleat are around 4* and very nice places to stay. You will be well looked after, served a delicious high end dinner and a sumptuous breakfast to get you ready for the day. A crackling fire will await you in the lounge when you return. Great to relax.
- Toravaig Hotel, 2 miles
- The Inn at Àird a’ Bhàsair, Ardvasar, 3 miles
- Isle Ornsay Hotel, 5 miles
- Duisdale Hotel, 5.5 miles
- Kinloch Lodge Hotel, 8 miles
Something a bit different
Maybe a hotel is not for you and you like the idea of glamping in a cosy yurt with its own wood stove or a stay on an island in a luxurious holiday cottage.
- Anneth Glamping Pod, Ardvasar, 3.5 miles
- Eilean Sionnach Lighthouse Cottage, Isle Ornsay, 5 miles
- Skye Yurts*, Duisdale, 5.5 miles
- Lusa Bothy, Ashaig, 15 miles
Or you’ll go for the classic B&B, of which there are many in Sleat and the wider area. All of these are friends of ours, so a warm welcome and a friendly, comfortable atmosphere will await you.
- Bunaite Vegetarian B&B, Ferindonald, 1 mile
- Bracken Brae B&B*, Ardvasar, 3.5 miles
- Otter Lodge B&B*, Broadford, 13 miles
- The Skye Picture House B&B, An Àird Dorch, 19 miles
- Ceòl na Mara B&B, Balmacara, 22 miles
- An Nead, sleeps 2, Teangue, 2 miles
- The Hirsel on Skye, sleeps 5, Ord, 7 miles
- Croft 4, sleeps 2 x 4, Skullamus, 12 miles
Budget options are hard to find on Skye. There are some hostels and camp sites, and if you have a campervan, you can camp in some places on the side of the road. There are also plenty of wild places where you can put up a tent. Please camp responsibly and know the code for campervans and tents.
- Skye Base Camp Hostel*, Broadford, 13 miles
- Flora MacDonald Hostel, 300m
- Camping Skye, Broadford, 14 miles
* personal recommendation